Open Access Week: The Rise of the Data Stewards
Time: Friday, the 28th of October (10:00-11:30 CET)
It is our great pleasure to end Open Access Week 2022 with a session dedicated to research data and its FAIRly new superheroes: the data stewards and their role as experts in data handling throughout all phases of the data life cycle.
In this session we will look at the data steward from a few different angles:
- Live Håndlykken Kvale will give a short presentation of the project “Competence framework for research data support” (Kompetanserammeverk for forskningsdatastøtte) a project that aims to map what skills are needed to meet the needs of data stewards.
- Nils Pharo will give us his thoughts on a possible data steward study program at the OsloMET library and information studies
- Tereza Kalova from the University of Vienna will talk about engaging on their data support program and overall research data management strategy
- Korbinian Bösl from BioMedData will present their experiences with and their plans for a data steward education and certification
- Data managers from Utrecht University will give two presentations: One about their research data service, and the other about their YOUth data collection program
Each presentation will last for about 10 minutes and the session ends with a plenary discussion about the role of the data steward.
Dag-Even Martinsen Torsøe, USN, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ane Møller Gabrielsen, NTNU, email@example.com
Jenny Ostrop, UiB, Jenny.Ostrop@uib.no
Live Håndlykken Kvale, UiO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lene Elisabeth Bertheussen, NTNU, email@example.com
Sondre Strandskog Arnesen, HVL, firstname.lastname@example.org